[Python-ideas] A bit meta

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jan 31 14:20:54 EST 2016

Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> writes:

> For instance, people have said they don't want to set up another
> account.

The complaint expressed (by me, at least; perhaps others agree) was not
against setting up an account. As you point out, PSF mailing lists
already require creating accounts. It's against being required to
maintain a trusted relationship with some non-PSF-accountable entity, in
order to participate in some aspect of Python community.

I agree with others that a Discourse instance entirely controlled by PSF
would avoid that problem.

--
 \        “Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be |
  `\              over here, looking through your stuff.” —Jack Handey |