[Python-ideas] List Comprehensions

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Feb 3 05:10:03 EST 2016

Chris Angelico writes:

 > I wonder, does python-ideas need a bit more clarification somewhere
 > that this is (almost) exclusively for the discussion of Python 3,
 > as that's where new ideas can actually be implemented?

It's not that simple because sometimes ideas for Python 3 are intended
to making porting or transition from Python 2 simpler.  True, we hope
that phase of Python 3 development is over by now, but you never know.
%-Formatting for bytes was approved in March 2014 according to the PEP
(and released in Python 3.5 last September).