[Python-ideas] Input characters in strings by decimals (Was: Proposal for default character representation)

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Dec 7 19:25:08 EST 2016

On 12/07/2016 03:52 PM, Mikhail V wrote:

> In past discussion about inputing and printing characters,
> I was proposing decimal notation instead of hex.
> Since the discussion was lost in off-topic talks, I'll try to
> summarise my idea better.

While the discussion did range far and wide, one thing that was fairly constant is that the benefit of adding one more way to represent unicode characters is not worth the work involved to make it happen; and that using hexadecimal to reference unicode characters is nearly universal.

To sum up:  even if you wrote all the code yourself, it would not be accepted.

--
~Ethan~