[Python-ideas] Non-English names in the turtle module.

Ludovic Gasc gmludo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 21:56:13 CEST 2015

Thank you for the link, it's interesting.

However, my remark it's mainly for the source code: Even if I sincerely
think it's better to handle English the most possible you can, I see no
issues to discuss about source code in your native language: I speak myself
in French when I interact with French developers only in my company.

Nevertheless, for the content of the source code or database structure, at
least to me, you must write in English: I've already analysed source code
in Dutch, it was a lot more complicated to understand the code, I've lost a
lot of time for nothing.
The world is now global and dev resources are enough rare to avoid to lock
your source code content in a local language.

See for example the big work of LibreOffice to translate German comments:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks/Translation_Of_Comments

With a localized turtle, you should give a bad habit at the beginning.

--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)
http://www.gmludo.eu/