[Python-ideas] string.replace should accept a list as a first argument

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:34:58 CEST 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015, at 22:19, Ryan Gonzalez wrote:
> Isn't that kind of like PyParsing with a DFA?
>
> ...and that's a really cool idea. Completely coincidentally, I've been
> working on a JIT-ted regex library in C. There's no parser yet, and I was
> planning on de-exposing the internal structures, but, after reading this,
> I'll probably just leave it exposed.

Be careful about validating the resulting structure, though. Circular
references could be dangerous.

I did manage to find the lisp stuff I mentioned:

http://scsh.net/docu/html/man-Z-H-7.html
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/shivers/papers/sre.txt
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-115/srfi-115.html
https://common-lisp.net/~loliveira/ediware/cl-ppcre/doc/

I think the scsh one was the one I'd actually seen before posting the
idea.