[Python-ideas] Top 10 Python modules that need a redesign Was: Geo coordinates conversion in stdlib

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:05:52 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:59 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 3/23/2015 1:21 PM, Alexander Belopolsky wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 2:08 AM, anatoly techtonik
>> <techtonik at gmail.com
>> <mailto:techtonik at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > That's nice to know, but IIRC datetime is from the top 10 Python
>>  > modules that need a redesign. Things contained therein doesn't pass
>>  > human usability check, and are not used as a result.

>> in what sense does it not "pass human usability check"?

> Please don't feed the troll.  He is known for opinionated digs like the
> above and historically, nothing good comes from trying to discuss them.

Well, I admit that it takes a really bad mood and anger to write stuff
about anything, and it is not very constructive state of mind. The rest of
the things I could just probably silently enjoy (or spend time on something
else).

Whatever. To make anything constructive out of it, people need to accept
the "usability" and "user experience" as a study disciplines, and that the
studies could be and should be applied to Python (in this case to stdlib).
--
anatoly t.