[Python-ideas] gofmt for Python: standardized styling as a language feature

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 20 04:02:29 CET 2015

Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> writes:

> In a former life I got to use SGI's C compiler. Like GCC, it had a
> "lots of warnings" mode, somewhat like a builtin lint. _Unlike_ GCC,
> the SGI compiler let one suppress specific warnings, which was very
> very nice.

GCC now has “diagnostic pragmas” to turn on/off specific diagnostics
<URL:https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.3/gcc/Diagnostic-Pragmas.html#Diagnostic-Pragmas>,
is that what you mean?

--
 \       “I cannot be angry at God, in whom I do not believe.” —Simone |
  `\                                                       De Beauvoir |