[Python-ideas] Meta: Email netiquette

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:16:43 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 8:09 PM, Andrew Barnert <abarnert at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2015, at 08:02, Ryan Gonzalez <rymg19 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On June 12, 2015 8:14:47 AM CDT, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I would gladly use forum interface like http://www.discourse.org/
>>> if there was any linked in message footers. Bottom posting is not
>>> automated in Gmail and takes a lot of energy and dumb repeated
>>> keypresses to complete.
>>
>> Not really. I just did it right now.
>
> And if that's too much work, there are Greasemonkey scripts to do it for you. (And, unlike Yahoo, Gmail doesn't seem to go out of their way to break user scripts every two weeks.)

And where are those scripts? I find references dated 2008 on some
mirror sites, and I doubt that they work. Another problem is that I
don't use the same Pip-Boy all the time.

The process that need to be automated for Gmail is
"Down->Enter->Del->Del->Down->Down" when I enter reply mode. This is
the annoying combo that I have to write every time to enter bottom
posting insert mode.
--
anatoly t.