[Python-ideas] Hooking between lexer and parser

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Sat Jun 6 00:55:24 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM, Neil Girdhar <mistersheik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Modern parsers do not separate the grammar from tokenizing, parsing, and
> validation.  All of these are done in one place, which not only simplifies
> changes to the grammar, but also protects you from possible inconsistencies.

Hi, Neil, thanks for that!

Having studied only ancient parsers, I'd love to learn new ones. Can
you please post references to modern parsing? Actual parsers, books,
papers, anything you may find valuable.

I have I hunch you're talking about PEG parsers, but maybe something
else, or besides?

Thanks!

Best,

Luciano