[Python-ideas] Way to check for floating point "closeness"?

Devin Jeanpierre jeanpierreda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 00:48:11 CET 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> And I hate to bring this up, but any reason for a cmath.nan and cmath.inf ?

One constant would be weird. cmath has more than one or two infinitely
far away points, it has eight. (Maybe nan is more obviously nan+nanj
though.)

Tangent: This bothered me for like three seconds. The complex plane
conventionally has only one point at infinity. I guess that would be
useless for knowing how you overflowed, though.

-- Devin