[Python-ideas] Need help converting HTML doc to ReST

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jan 9 19:58:46 CET 2015

Sounds fine. I've made a few superficial changes -- thanks for getting this
out so quickly!

Now it's on to PEP 484, which will lay out the actual specification of the
typing module and address many details. This may take another week (but
folks interested in the progress can peek at the github repo referenced
from the PEP 484 stub :-).

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 5:35 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>
> wrote:
> > Thank you so much!! It is already live on legacy.python.org/dev/peps/
> (www
> > seems to lag behind or require a manual kick).
> >
> > In PEP 1 there are only two options for PEP copyrights: public domain or
> > open publication license. For this particular document I'd rather not do
> > public domain (I've already received a request for republication) so I'll
> > convert it to Open Publication License.
>
> Done. To make sure I got the text and formatting correct, I went
> looking for any other RST PEP using that license... and there is
> exactly one (plus one more in text/plain). So the copyright info is
> lifted from PEP 437. :)
>
> ChrisA

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)