[Python-ideas] Encouraging more use of the Python wiki

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:25:06 CET 2015

Fair disclosure: I'm not a big fan of Moin syntax (can Pandoc convert
this?). I don't like having to login to share with the Python community. It
would be great to gain maximum synergy from the community on this.

Some interesting perspectives on wikis, and where wikis are going:

[1] https://github.com/blog/1939-how-github-uses-github-to-document-github
[2] https://github.com/westurner/wiki/blob/master/Makefile

[2] is a Sphinx Makefile for a GitHub ReStructuredText wiki. It seems to
work okay for my purposes. What could prevent this from scaling to handle
the Python wiki?

>From https://github.com/westurner/wiki/issues/5 , in Markdown (which works
on both BitBucket and GitHub):

# Advantages