[Python-ideas] Accessible tools

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:56:17 CET 2015

A few (possibly more aceessible) alternatives to IDLE:

* IPython in a terminal
* IPython qtconsole (Qt toolkit)
* IPython Notebook may / should have WAI ARIA role tags (which are really
easy to add to most templates)
* Spyder IDE (Qt toolkit) embeds an IPython console with a Run button and
lightweight code completion: https://code.google.com/p/spyderlib/
* I have no idea whether the python-mode Vim plugin is accessible:
https://github.com/klen/python-mode

* Here's my dot vim config: https://github.com/westurner/dotvim

It could be helpful to get a Wiki page together for accessibility: tools,
features, gaps, best practices, etc.