[Python-ideas] Treat underscores specially in argument lists

Ryan Gonzalez rymg19 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 03:45:44 CET 2015

It's usually in callbacks where you only care about a few arguments.

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 8:41 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 07:23:30PM -0600, Ryan Gonzalez wrote:
> > Often, underscores are used in function argument lists:
> >
> > def f(_): pass
> >
> > However, sometimes you want to ignore more than one argument, in which
> case
> > this doesn't work:
>
> Why are you ignoring *any* arguments?
>

> --
> Steve

Ryan
If anybody ever asks me why I prefer C++ to C, my answer will be simple:
"It's becauseslejfp23(@#Q*(E*EIdc-SEGFAULT. Wait, I don't think that was
nul-terminated."
Personal reality distortion fields are immune to contradictory evidence. -
srean
Check out my website: http://kirbyfan64.github.io/