[Python-ideas] Add 'use warnings' directive, like in Perl

Eduard Bondarenko eduardbpy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:53:17 CET 2015

Well, Perl also dynamic language, but except the usage of the additional
analyser tools he provides 'use warning' directive and many Perl's
developers use this feature.

Why you do not want to add such feature in Python ?

If developer do not want to use this feature and want to use static
analyser tools - okay. But what if someone wants to checks errata (not even
an errors) without the s.a tools ?

To my mind some people simply do not know that even dynamic language can do
some checks..

I am, as a developer which came from Perl programming language really do
not understand how you can agree with this behaviour and why you are really
do not understand me..

Where it is written that dynamic language should not checks such things ?

Seems very strange that Python checks ordinary blocks like 'if', 'else',
'def' statement and others..We could just have a big amount of tools to
check this.

I do not want to create C++ from Python. I just want to correct this
situation, when you can not say to interpreter "please check at least
something!!"

Many thanks!

- Eduard