[Python-ideas] Fwd: Why do equality tests between OrderedDict keys/values views behave not as expected?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Dec 17 14:55:30 EST 2015

So I think that not using the __eq__ method of the keys or values is wrong
(dicts do use it), but there's a philosophical question: if two
OrderedDicts have the same key/value pairs in a different order, should
they be considered equal or not? (Only when we've answered this can we
answer the question about keys/values/items).

I'm not a frequent user of OrderedDict, so I don't have a good intuition,
unfortunately.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)