[Python-ideas] Adding rule about trailing comma.

Naoki INADA songofacandy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:54:07 CEST 2015

One good parts of Go is gofmt, the standard code formatter.
It makes learning Go more easy and fun.
New Gophers can learn Go without learning coding style which gofmt handles.

Python doesn't have standard code formatter like gofmt, but there are some
third party checkers and formatters including pep8.py, autopep8 and
google/yapf.
There are also formmatters integrated in IDEs.

My concern is defining good edge cases for code formatter developers.
So my real question was: How many people prefer (or dislike) this rule is
in code formatter?

If many people prefer this, could we have standard "Style guide for code
formatter developers"
for rules too verbose to include PEP 8?