[Python-ideas] Python IDE (New IDE for Python scripting)

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Nov 15 07:24:53 CET 2014

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 01:12:58AM -0500, John Wong wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 8:17 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>
> wrote:
>

> > This list is for ideas for the future development of Python the
> > programming language and the standard library. How does your idea relate
> > to the language or stdlib?
> >

> https://docs.python.org/2/library/idle.html
> My guess is he wants to replace IDLE with a potentially shinier IDE

Yes, and that was my second guess too. (I am aware of IDLE :-) My first
guess was that the OP was spamming us trying to get hits for his pet
project.

In either case, if there is only a mock-up of what this new and improved
IDE will look like, but no actual code yet, then we're just wasting time
discussing it.

--
Steven