[Python-ideas] logging.config.defaultConfig()

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri May 16 11:27:16 CEST 2014

On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:05:11 +0200
Thomas Güttler
<guettli at thomas-guettler.de> wrote:

> I think the following solution is very flexible and solves most needs to set up logging,
> since I can implement your needs in for example your_environment_module.set_up()

This looks dubious to me. There is no reason to have a shared Python
logging configuration, IMO. Also, I don't understand why this is
importing a module.

If all your scripts are part of an application, then it's reasonable
for them to share a mechanism for logging configuration. But it should
be done in your application, not in Python itself.

Regards

Antoine.