[Python-ideas] Special keyword denoting an infinite loop

Jonas Wielicki j.wielicki at sotecware.net
Sun Jun 29 15:52:38 CEST 2014

On 29.06.2014 15:37, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2014 23:00, "Hernan Grecco" <hernan.grecco at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On that last point, one of my goals at SciPy next month will be to
>>> encourage folks in the scientific community that are keen to see
>>> something resembling block support in Python to go hunting for
>>> compelling *use cases*. The fatal barrier to proposals like PEP 403
>>> and 3150 has long been that there are other options already available,
>>> so the substantial additional complexity they introduce isn't
>>> adequately justified. The two main stumbling blocks:
>>
>> What is the status of PEP 3150? I remember reading that you were
>> withdrawing 3150 in favor of 403 but this is not reflected in
>> http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3150/.
>
> I see merit in both alternatives, so I still update both of them
> occasionally. I did withdraw 3150 at one point, but I later figured out a
> possible solution to the previously fatal flaw in its namespace handling
> semantics and moved it back to Deferred.

It is still written in the abstract of 403 that 3150 was withdrawn.

regards,
jwi

p.s.: while I’m at it, in the “Explaining Decorator Clause Evaluation
and Application”, 3150 is missing a ?, I think, and in the “Out of Order
Execution” section there seems to be a markup issue after the second
code block