[Python-ideas] Iterative development

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 17:56:20 CET 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Instead of coming up with ideas, why not sign the contributors' agreement
>> and come up with code that people can actually use?
>
> replied to python-legal-sig
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-legal-sig/2014-January/000070.html

Basically, you refuse to sign a contributor agreement, but insist on
blaming the PSF for that.

Your position is simply unreasonable: You demand that the PSF should
either stop demanding a contributor agreement, accept your own
personal version of it, or spend a lot of time and energy attempting
to explain it to you. You blame the PSF of being a needlessly
bureaucratic political body which is giving you a hard time just
because it can or because it doesn't care; whatever you may think,
that is the opposite of the truth. Furthermore, since you continue to
choose to phrase your arguments aggressively and offensively, how can
you expect anyone to consider your proposals??

Regarding the contributor agreement, please spend your time and energy
understanding it, instead of arguing about it here and blaming other
people. Otherwise, stop pestering people about it. What you demand
regarding the contributor agreement is not going to happen, period.

If you actually care about Python, find a way to contribute helpfully!
Even if you believe that we are the ones being stubborn and unhelpful,
it is up to you to find a way to work with us productively. For
example, I am sure you have noticed that few of your ideas posted here
have been helpful in any way, if any at all. I do believe that you
think these are good ideas, but surely you must see that nothing good
results from your posting them to this list. As it is, you have been
harming the development of Python considerably for many months by
pestering people on various mailing lists. If you want to help, you
must change your behavior!

- Tal