[Python-ideas] Type Hinting - Performance booster ?

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Fri Dec 26 21:11:19 CET 2014

I think the 5-6 year estimate is pessimistic.  Take a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xeon_Phi for some background.

I have it on a sort of nudge-and-wink authority that Intel already has
in-house chips with 128 cores, and has distributed prototypes to a limited
set of customers/partners.

More good reasons to look at PyPy-STM, which has reached the stage of
"useful" I think.