[Python-ideas] Proposal: Use mypy syntax for function annotations

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Mon Aug 25 02:24:27 CEST 2014

Le 24/08/2014 19:59, Ethan Furman a écrit :

> Is this workable?  If I have a nested class in a function:
>
>    def spam():
>       class fribble:
>          def __init__(self, x:int):
>             blahblah
>
> I would expect MyPy to be able to retrieve and use the annotations from
> fribble without actually calling spam.

I don't know. But that's not really the point, because you are still
able to do, say:

my_type = some_invocation(...)

def spam():
     class fribble:
         def __init__(self, x: my_type):
             blahblah

... as far as the type checker uses module imports, that is. Of course,
/after/ importing the module it can also walk the bytecode defined in
that module.

Regards

Antoine.