[Python-ideas] Introduce collections.Reiterable

Andrew Barnert abarnert at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 22 04:05:06 CEST 2013

On Sep 21, 2013, at 15:31, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 9/21/2013 5:14 PM, Neil Girdhar wrote:
>
>> If you really think that there will never be a non-reiterable
>> non-iterator iterable,
>
> I already posted a sensible non-iterator iterable that is no more reiterable than an iterator.

You posted a long discussion of different ways in which "reiterable" could be defined, and gave vague examples of things that are reiterable in one sense but not in another. Accepting all of that at face value, there's no way Neil's Reiterable ABC would help that problem, because it would obviously only cover one of the possible senses.

Beyond that, I've looked through your posts on that thread, and I can't find anything that looks like a sensible non-iterator non-reiterable (in Neil's intended sense) iterable. Did I miss something?