[Python-ideas] YAML (yet-another-multiline-lambda)

Antony Lee anntzer.lee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 07:02:25 CEST 2013

I'm sorry I raised the inline class idea, which is distracting the main
issue here -- inline functions (again, all I wanted to do was to point out
the syntactic similarity).

I certainly don't think that creating bound methods through __get__ is a
particularly recognized idiom (although one may note that descriptors were
(I believe) introduced exactly for that purpose); on the other hand as I
mentioned earlier I don't really see the need for binding lambdas to
objects in the first place.

Antony