[Python-ideas] Could the ast module's ASTs preserve source_length in addition to lineno and col_offset?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri May 31 15:47:15 CEST 2013

On 31 May 2013 20:00, "Haoyi Li" <haoyi.sg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I'll give it a shot; I'm not familiar with the python codebase or
build process, but i'll puzzle it out. Where's the place to go for help
related to this sort of thing? python-dev?

Check the developer guide at docs. python.org/devguide, and if you have any
follow-up questions, sign up to the core-mentorship at python.org list.

Cheers,
Nick.

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 1:04 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 31 May 2013 14:28, "Haoyi Li" <haoyi.sg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Anyone else have any thoughts about this? This seems like it would be
a pretty straightforward thing to do, and I would be happy to go through
the code and submit a patch. The only question is whether we want to do it
in the first place; are there any reasons it can't/shouldn't be done that
I'm not aware of?