[Python-ideas] improve Idle

Yuval Greenfield ubershmekel at gmail.com
Mon May 13 17:20:57 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Jim Jewett <jimjjewett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps even changing the navigation so that clicking on the scrollbar
>  at 1/3 of the way down will move you to 1/3 of the way down the file,
> instead of "one page up from where you current are."  This would no
> longer be a standard scrollbar, but it might well be better.

Non-standard scroll bar sounds bad to me. Here's how this feature works in
Eclipse/pydev http://i.imgur.com/kQrc5n0.png

Basically the scrollbar has another small strip next to it. So the
locations are clickable, and they bring you to the right place, without
breaking the normal scroll bar behavior.

Yuval