[Python-ideas] Suprocess functionality partitioning

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 13:28:29 CEST 2013

On 13 June 2013 11:56, Andrew Barnert <abarnert at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Also, how often do you really need shell=True? I think providing a simpler way to do that will be more of an attractive nuisance than a help. (Many of the subprocess questions on Stack Overflow come down to people using shell=True, not knowing why they used it, and not knowing how to deal with it.)

For the record, one of the main reasons I stopped working on
shell-command is because the application that originally inspired it
was much improved once I rewrote it to avoid the dependency on the
shell. "Application was improved by being rewritten to no longer use
the style this library encourages" was a bit of a red flag :P

Cheers,
Nick.