[Python-ideas] Fast sum() for non-numbers

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 12:50:18 CEST 2013

On 4 July 2013 23:25, Andrew Barnert <abarnert at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If people really do need to concatenate a bunch of tuples this often, maybe the answer is to move chain to builtins. If it's not important enough to move chain to builtins, it's probably not important enough to do anything else.

Can I suggest that if chain is ever moved to builtins it should
actually be chain.from_iterable that gets moved and renamed to chain
(or concat or something). It has always seemed to me that
chain.from_iterable is the more appropriate function and I assume that
it only has second class status because it was initially overlooked.

Oscar