[Python-ideas] csv.DictReader could handle headers more intelligently.

Shane Green shane at umbrellacode.com
Tue Jan 29 15:09:12 CET 2013

I'm not sure this is constructive.

I think it's safe to assume changing something in an API that used to return single values, into something that now returns lists of those values, will be a problem for folks.

I also think it's safe to assume folks can design their applications for an API that returns lists of values.  In support of this assumption, I will point out that's precisely what CGI's FieldStorage does to represent all HTML form values because some form values (radio buttons, checkboxes, etc.), can have more than one value associated with their name on submission.

Finally, I would assert that the more legally formatted content your content reader accurately reads and handles, the better.

Shane Green
www.umbrellacode.com
408-692-4666 | shane at umbrellacode.com