[Python-ideas] Documenting Python warts on Stack Overflow

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 00:17:34 CET 2013

On Jan 2, 8:16 am, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a little odd what you can and can't do,
> until you understand the underlying system fairly well. It's something
> that's highly unlikely to change; one of the premises would have to be
> sacrificed (or at least modified) to achieve it.

By this definition, though, every feature of Python that someone
doesn't understand is a wart. For a new user, mutable default
parameters is a wart, but once you understand Python's execution &
object models, it's just the way the language is.

Generally, I find "wart" means "something the user doesn't like about
the language even if it makes internal sense".