[Python-ideas] A subclassing API for named tuples?

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Fri Feb 15 03:11:38 CET 2013

On 02/14/2013 05:19 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> A recurring suggestion for collections.namedtuple is that it would be
> nice to be able to define them like this [...]

FWIW, I think namedtuple is overused.  Not that there's anything
innately wrong with namedtuple; it's just that I think too many types
are iterable which shouldn't be.  (Nobody unpacks the stat_result
anymore, that's like 1995 man.)  I suggest people use
types.SimpleNamespace unless iterability is specifically required.

//arry/