[Python-ideas] Add 'interleave' function to itertools?

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 16:41:59 CEST 2013

08.08.13 15:44, Clay Sweetser написав(ла):
> Not necessarily... The one line solution that the function in issue 18652 proposes is not one that people might immediately come up with, or solve quite so elegantly. Not that I'm totally against it just being added to the recipes section, but I feel that the recipes section is too often overlooked to be much help (Might there be a way to remedy that?).

I think some simple functions in itertools recipes (such as tabulate()
or quantify()) are not even worth a defining of a separate function.
Just inline a body (which is just a combination of two function) and the
reader will not need to look in the documentation or look up the
definition of unknown function.