[Python-ideas] with-statement syntactic quirk

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:28:01 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> Honestly, is a backslash going to kill you?

Aye, given the cost-benefit ratio on this one, I'll be rather
surprised if anyone ever actually fixes it. I just wanted to be clear
that I'm not *philosophically* opposed to fixing it (since I think
Barry's proposed behaviour makes more sense from a user perspective),
I'm just fairly sure it's likely to be hard to fix without making the
Grammar harder to maintain, which *would* be a difficult sell for
something that's a relatively trivial wart :)

Cheers,
Nick.