[Python-ideas] os.path.split(path, maxsplit=1)

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Nov 5 23:22:01 CET 2012

On 05/11/12 23:52, Ned Batchelder wrote:

> Anatoly, I appreciate the energy and dedication you've shown to the
>Python community, but maybe you should spend a little more time on
each proposal? For example, the subject line here is a different (and
>already taken) function name than the implementation, and has a
>maxsplit argument that the implementation doesn't have.
>
> Get everything the way you want it, and then propose it.

+1

Also consider publishing it as a recipe on ActiveState, where many
people will view it, use it, and offer feedback. This has many
benefits:

* You will gauge community interest;

* Many eyeballs make bugs shallow;

* You are providing a useful recipe that others can use, even
   if it doesn't get included in the std lib.

Some of the most useful parts of the std lib, like namedtuple,
started life on ActiveState.

http://code.activestate.com/recipes/langs/python/

--
Steven