[Python-ideas] [Python-Dev] sys.implementation

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Tue May 15 18:26:35 CEST 2012

At this point I'm pretty comfortable with where PEP 421 is at.  Before
asking for pronouncement, I'd like to know if anyone has any
outstanding concerns that should be addressed first.

The only (relatively) substantial point of debate has been the type
for sys.implementation.  The PEP now limits the specification of the
type to the minimum (Big-Endian vs. Little...er...attribute-access vs
mapping).  If anyone objects to the decision there to go with
attribute-access, please make your case.

>From my point of the view either one would be fine for what we need
and attribute-access is more representative of the fixed namespace.
Unless there is a really good reason to use a mapping, I'd like to
stick with that.

Thanks!

-eric