[Python-ideas] My objections to implicit package directories

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:53:14 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> I hope I've added some indication that it's also harder to deal with
> in version control systems.

Yeah, given that part of my argument when I updated PEP 414 was "the
lack of explicit unicode literals creates useless noise in version
control diffs", I can hardly fault you for using a similar argument
against changing package directory names!

Hopefully Eric can capture this clearly in the new PEP so future
readers will have a clear understanding of the trade-offs involved.

Cheers,
Nick.