[Python-ideas] stdlib crowdsourcing

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Jun 13 07:09:04 CEST 2012

 > I write because I see bad things that can be better, and I am still
 > open to discuss if it is real or not.

There's nothing wrong with that in its place.  But python-ideas is a
place for ideas where the poster is pretty sure it's real *and* has a
concrete proposal (the "idea" in python-ideas) to make it better *and*
has the will to follow up themselves if nobody else grabs the ball.

There's some room for blue-sky ideas (lacking concrete proposals or
personal commitment), but if all you ever offer is blue-sky ideas that
get no uptake, you're just wasting time, yours as well as everybody
else's.