[Python-ideas] stdlib crowdsourcing

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:04:58 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Calvin Spealman <ironfroggy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Once again, you're completely ignoring all existing knowledge and
>>> expertise on open collaboration and trying to reinvent the world. It's
>>> *not going to happen*.
>>
>> It's too boring to live in a world of existing knowledge and
>> expertise,
>
> Frankly, this one fragment is enough to stop me reading further. Who
> wants to learn
> from the vast and broad experience when you could simply randomize the rules of
> reality through ignorance and stubbornness?

If everybody would think like this, the world will never learn about
anti-patterns, and the software craftmanship collapsed in astonishing
agony some years ago. If it doesn't make it clear - it is not
randomizing - it is putting beliefs to the test asking for the current
status.

> I sound fickle, because I am.

It doesn't matter how do you sound, what matters is that you spoiled
the fun to discuss the technical part no matter how long ago it was
invented. If you have a lot of people who ask the same question -
create a FAQ.  That's not a vast and broad experience - that's just a
time proven practice from usenet times.

Common guys, what's wrong with you? It is just an idea, not a proposal
or scientific paper. And I am not a scientist - I just want to discuss
the idea, and I am not sending mails to python-dev anymore, because
you asked to. I've spent some time trying to make the idea
interesting. It is fine If you know a scientific paper about the
matter, can explain it in a few words and send a link for more
details. But the replies like "you're stubborn and ignorant, and
nobody should help you" doesn't make you a better person. I am
criticizing, because I lack time, motivation and fantasy to write
stuff about good and bright sides in my life that I just don't see. I
write because I see bad things that can be better, and I am still open
to discuss if it is real or not.
--
anatoly t.