[Python-ideas] changing sys.stdout encoding

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:45:55 CEST 2012

The interpreter uses the standard streams internally, and they're one of
the first things created during interpreter startup. User provided code
doesn't start running until well after they're initialised.

If user level code doesn't want those streams, it needs to replace them
with something else.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Sent from my phone, thus the relative brevity :)