[Python-ideas] Adding list.pluck()

Alexandre Zani alexandre.zani at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 00:53:48 CEST 2012

I must confess that I don't find "pluck" a very intuitive name for
this functionality. For me it was evocative of what pop currently
does. That's an N of 1 so maybe I'm just wrong on that one.

More importantly, this would make the use of a list method dependent
upon the type of the contained items. (works for dicts and nothing
else) That would be unprecedented for list methods and potentially
confusing. What would be the behavior if the list contains non-dicts?