[Python-ideas] An etherpad for every idea

julien tayon julien at tayon.net
Thu Jan 12 14:05:44 CET 2012

Hello

2012/1/12 alex23 <wuwei23 at gmail.com>:
> On Jan 12, 6:00 am, Yuval Greenfield <ubershme... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 1. Someone makes a bot that auto posts the etherpads to each idea in
>> python-ideas.
>> or
>> 2. Whoever cares enough about an idea will make an etherpad for it if
>> he/she likes to.
>
> And _both_ options split attention between the list and the etherpad.
> Which is primary? What happens if someone chooses to participate only
> on one and not the other?
>
> What happens in 6 months when someone else decides that whatever
> technology du jour they find is cool should be supported as well?

Well, I may be dumb, but ideas seems like non structured draft of PEP.
(like IETF RFC drafts), and by looking at PEP 1, I read that it
describes a very workflow on how to do things.

Maybe python-ideas should only accept ideas in the form a link to a
PEP draft and people would have to maintain there draft as long as it
is not accepted.

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/

So why duplicates already existing procedure and infrastructure ?
Maybe amending PEP 1 could be a good way to achieve the aformentioned
goal.

By not adding a PEP draft that is not accepted in a documentation
database, we achieve one of the very first goal of a documentation
database which is lowering the Noise Signal Ratio.

My .02 cents,

--
Julien