[Python-ideas] Posting style

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 11 01:40:32 CET 2012

On 10Jan2012 21:53, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
| On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Oleg Broytman <phd at phdru.name> wrote:
| >   I very much hope I do not embarrass the audience but people can we
| > return back to email etiquette? Inline quoting instead of top-posting,
| > proper trimming instead of overquoting, an empty line to separate quoted
| > text from the reply.
|
| Unfortunately, you're fighting against the default behaviour of many
| current email clients. [...] Even the Gmail web client starts with the
| cursor above the quoted text [...]

At Google one convention was that this is a cue to start at the top of
the quoted text and trim rubbish aggressively, and inline one's replies.
Of course that is a workflow mindset chosen to overcome this bad UI
choice:-)

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Would you remember a one-line .sig?     - Paul Thompson, thompson at apple.com