[Python-ideas] working on a PEP for the __preview__ package

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:47:47 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 6:08 AM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I plan to take the ideas discussed in the thread on the
> __experimental__/__preview__ package (1), and further elaborated by
> Nick Coghlan in (2), and turn it into a PEP. Further, I'm willing to
> invest the time resources to make the package release-worthy before
> Alpha 1 of 3.3, with at least one module in it. This work will be done
> under the mentorship of Nick Coghlan.
>
> Any ideas, suggestions or objections are welcome.
>
> Eli
>
> ----
> (1) http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2011-August/011317.html
> (2)
> http://readthedocs.org/docs/ncoghlan_devs-python-notes/en/latest/pep_ideas/preview_namespace.html

Before attempting any library refactoring or addition, I would first think
about placing a feedback mechanism in place to collect public response
about satisfaction with current stdlib contents, and collecting proposals
about parts that should be included into stdlib (or another bundle shipped
with Python).
--
anatoly t.