[Python-ideas] sys.path is a hack - bringing it back under control

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:16:30 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> wrote:
> The abstract doesn't give any valuable info. "proposes new mechanisms to
> eliminate some longstanding traps" doesn't say anything. Which mechanssms?
> What traps? I see there a mention of my problem with Django. How can it help
> to debug other sys.path problems? Do I really have to read 15 page document
> to understand that?

Perhaps you could try reading the Table of Contents, too. (Hopefully
you don't find it too long - it's 20+ lines)

Or else you may want to refrain from participating in language
discussions if you aren't interested in understanding the topic in
depth. No serious design discussion can possibly be held amongst
people that are only willing to read a PEP abstract rather than the
full PEP. (But then, it's been suggested many times in the past that
you may get better responses if you don't make a habit of effectively
calling the current core developers a bunch of incompetent idiots, and
that doesn't appear to have had the slightest effect on your style of
communication. Why should this be any different?).

Regards,
Nick.