[Python-ideas] Order in the documentation search results

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Dec 31 01:22:16 CET 2012

On 30Dec2012 18:05, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
| On 12/30/2012 1:11 PM, Ezio Melotti wrote:
| > On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Hernan Grecco
| >     I have seen many people new to Python stumbling while using the Python
| >     docs due to the order of the search results.
|
| People should use the index, both on and off line. See the issue below

Personally, I do. But even that is misleading, or at any rate often not
so useful. And since there is a search, its quality should be addressed.

IMO the index has similar issues to the search, though on a much smaller
scale.

You'll see here I'm only offering criticism, no fixes.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

'Soup: This is the one that Kawasaki sent out pictures, that looks so beautiful.
Yanagawa: Yes, everybody says it's beautiful - but many problems!
'Soup: But you are not part of the design team, you're just a test rider.
Yanagawa: Yes. I just complain.
- _Akira Yanagawa Sounds Off_ @ www.amasuperbike.com