[Python-ideas] Conventions for function annotations

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Mon Dec 3 11:52:26 CET 2012

On 3 December 2012 09:30, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> > .. but haven't thought of any other useful applications of
> > annotations, and nor has the collective community on PyPI.

I suspect that the lack of applications is partly due to people not knowing
about them, code having to still support Python 2, and an absence of
guidelines about how to use them safely.

For our part, I think we'll push forwards following Nick's suggestions -
annotations to be accessed by closely coupled decorators only.

Thanks all,
Thomas