[Python-ideas] Before and after the colon in funciton defs.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 06:34:24 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Chris Rebert <pyideas at rebertia.com> wrote:
> +1 (FWIW) on this "assignment statement with leading keyword" variant.
> `static` is an excellent choice of keyword for this.

Care to elaborate? This has always struck me as one of the more
nonsensical keyword choices in C, so I'd like to see some solid
justification before perpetuating it in Python (particular when C/C++
intuitions about statics being process global will hinder rather than
help in understanding the scope of this new namespace).

Cheers,
Nick.