[Python-ideas] PEP 3155 - Qualified name for classes and functions

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Mon Oct 31 16:42:00 CET 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 00:18, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> I would like to propose the following PEP for discussion and, if
> possible, acceptance. I think the proposal shouldn't be too
> controversial (I find it quite simple and straightforward myself :-)).

Are these names relative or fully absolute? I.e. I've had problems in
the past with unpickling objects that were pickled from a module that
was imported using a relative import. Would it be possible to define
the qname such that the full path to the name, starting from a
sys.path level down, is always used?

Cheers,

Dirkjan