[Python-ideas] A concurrency survey of sorts

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Fri Nov 4 20:02:06 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Weeble <clockworksaint at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just want to be sure - the idea of removing the threading module
> sounds ludicrous. It's not getting serious consideration, is it?

Removing  the threading module - as part of a change that includes
providing some other concurrent processing facility - seems like a
reasonable enough idea that I'll be including it in the sequel.
Rewriting it to use those facilities might be reasonable for backwards
compatibility, but the new facilities should have enough advantages
that new code would just use them.

   <mike